Top-Notch Facilities for Your Next Project
Who We Are
MRIGlobal is mission-ready for project work.
Our facilities maintain current registration, permits, and unique access to work with chemical agents, controlled substances, and biological agents, including infectious disease agents from the Department of Health and Human Services, United States Department of Agriculture, universities, hospitals, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We have an extensive culture collection of well-characterized pathogens, and access to additional strains and clinical samples of interest through an existing network of laboratories worldwide.
MRIGlobal’s biocontainment facilities have a BSL-2 bioaerosol chamber and more than 64,000 ft2 of BSL-2 & -3 workspace, including three BSL-3 labs contiguous with ABSL-3. Our services include:
- instrument development, testing, and evaluation
- decontaminant technology development, testing, and evaluation
- fate and transport studies
- other threat agent research options
MRIGlobal’s chemical agent facility has 1,800 ft2 of laboratory space, with four compartmentalized workspaces ranging from 10′ x 20′ to 20′ x 30′. Our facility handles neat chemical agents, nontraditional agents (NTAs), and dilute RDTE; analyzes sample matrices for CA and degradation products; performs complete toxicology services; develops, tests, and evaluates individual and collective protection equipment; and conducts fate/transport and other threat agent research.
MRIGlobal operates a physically isolated high hazard facility (2,400 ft2) which includes a barrier area (1,400 ft2) where toxic materials are handled under respiratory protection.
Our high containment laboratory allows handling of toxic industrial chemicals (TICs), toxic industrial materials (TIMs), and bulk liquid, solid, or mixed-phase chemicals. We work with up to 55-gal. drum quantities while providing toxicology support and the ability to carry out microencapsulation facility operations.
We offer multiple chambers to accommodate different chemical concentration airstreams.
MRIGlobal’s chemical vapor chambers are used to develop, test, and evaluate instruments, individual protective equipment, and collective protection equipment.
MRIGlobal’s bioaerosol chambers include an airtight chamber 10′ x 15′ (x 8′ tall) featuring HEPA and carbon filters on inlet and outlet air.
The chambers are used for development, testing, and evaluation of instruments, individual protective equipment, and collective protection equipment.
Our facility includes College of American Pathologists (CAP) accredited and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) certified laboratories. It is designed specifically for use in all phases of in vitro diagnostic product development.
Our Clinical Research Support team operates a 87,000 ft2 modern facility in North Kansas City (NKC), eight miles from headquarters. Of this space, approximately 10,000 ft2 is maintained as a cGMP warehouse facility. The warehouse receives, ships, quarantines, stores, and offers supporting services necessary to maintain clinical drug agents, products, and specimens. Highlights of the facility include:
• ~ 5,000 ft2 of bulk preclinical and clinical storage
• 500 ft2 for quarantine
• Three walk-in cold units (2° to 8 °C) with redundant refrigeration systems, electronic monitoring with alarm, and an approximate storage capacity of ~ 3,150 ft3
• Walk-in freezer (–15° to –20°C) with a redundant refrigeration system, electronic monitoring with alarm, and a storage capacity of ~ 1,050 ft3
• Ultra-low temperature storage of ~ 299 ft3 with electronic monitoring and alarm
• 20 ft3 of LN2 storage with electronic monitoring and alarm
• Warehouse-type shelving to accommodate ~ 13,000 ft3 of controlled room temperature storage
• 12 Pharmaceutical Stability chambers for setting specific temperature and humidity conditions under ICH guidelines
Our Diagnostics Center of Excellence, opened in 2019, includes a 1,100 ft2 CAP/CLIA laboratory and 7,500 ft2 of flexible laboratory space specifically designed for diagnostics research.
MRIGlobal’s Agriculture Research Support facilities (including Crop Protection Repository programs) are centrally located in the US at our Kansas City headquarters. The repository facility houses general laboratory and functional storage areas suitable for agricultural research operations that support product development and product registration in the US and globally.
• EPA FIFRA Pesticide Producing Establishment (EPA No. 67915-MO-001), annual reporting
• Laboratory space with Class A hoods and safe operational powder stations (800 ft2)
• Packaging area collocated to our shipping dock (160 ft2)
• Controlled room temperature storage area (1,100 ft2)
• Upright refrigerated storage units (2°C to 8°C), redundant backup walk-in units
• Upright frozen storage units (-15°C to -20°C), redundant backup walk-in unit
• Compliant packaging supplies and certified IATA staff for compliant shipping for all chemicals
We have special facilities for Microencapsulation R&D, Extraction Efficiency & GLP Microsphere AI analysis (% Load), Plant Science Services, and Green House Operations onsite in Kansas City and at our local field station facility, owned and operated by MRIGlobal.
MRIGlobal’s Animal Facility has more than 18,000 ft2 of AAALAC-accredited animal space.
From protecting warfighters to treating companion animals, MRIGlobal’s R&D capabilities provide a high caliber of efficacy. In addition, our team of experts is highly skilled in creative diagnostics and engineering to tackle an array of projects.
MRIGlobal’s facilities allow endless possibilities for the testing and evaluation of samples (human, animal, and other), emerging technologies, and clinical and pharmaceutical products.
A Trusted Partner
Our team of laboratory technicians is highly specialized and ready to take on any project. We have decades of experience in managing labs for clients, including federal institutions.
Work With Us
MRIGlobal is a world leader in technology and science.
If your project or product could benefit from the use of one of our state-of-the-art research facilities, reach out to MRIGlobal today.