Human Health | Laboratory SERVICES
Biological High Containment
MRIGlobal has nearly 30 years of ABSL in vivo and in vitro experience providing solutions including safety testing, custom animal models, diagnostics, forensics, and biomarker development.
Equipped with our scientific expertise, MRIGlobal’s ABSL-2 & -3 and BSL-2 & -3 laboratories facilitate the discovery and development of vaccines and therapeutics to prevent or mitigate the adverse health effects resulting from biological threat agents and infectious disease.
Our biological high containment testing services include:
MRIGlobal’s BSL‑3 Containment Laboratory allows researchers to safely manipulate a number of indigenous and exotic agents with the potential for causing serious or lethal disease from inhalation.
Detection of biological agents in diverse sample types has been amongst MRIGlobal’s core competencies. We are nationally recognized within the biodetection community for our complete understanding of the inherent challenges, existing capabilities, emerging technologies and approaches needed to meet biodetection requirements.
Detection of biological agents in diverse sample types is one of MRIGlobal’s core competencies. We are nationally recognized within the biodetection community for our complete understanding of the inherent challenges, existing capabilities, emerging technologies and approaches needed to meet biodetection requirements. We are able to analyze in:
- Other kinds of matrices
MRIGlobal deploys scientists with demonstrated training in biological sciences and chemistry to perform high throughput field analysis of samples for chemical, biological, explosive and TIC/TIM compounds.
- Medical Countermeasures (MCM) Evaluation against biological select agents and toxins
- In vitro assay support
- In vivo support
- All routes of exposure in small/large animals
- Animal Rule compliant (21 CFR 314 or 601)
- MRIGlobal has Class III Biosafety Cabinets capable of disseminating BSL-2 or 3 Risk Group Biologics for safety and efficacy testing. Testing includes nose/muzzle only, whole body, and intratracheal delivery of test substances.
- We specialize in the design, fabrication, characterization, and execution of inhalation studies utilizing custom and commercially available inhalation systems.
- We test inhalation dry powder and aerosol particle size distribution measurement via light scattering, time of flight, and cascade impaction methods.
- We evaluate generation of aerosols through the use of nebulizers, atomizers, dry powder generators, metered dose inhalers, and ultrasonic generators.
- MRIGlobal has expertise in inhalation toxicology studies to support qualification of animal models and efficacy studies with vaccines and therapeutics against inhalation of bio-aerosol infectious disease exposures.
MRIGlobal is a trusted resource for biomarker development.
Our project expertise includes:
MRIGlobal has the necessary ABSL-2 & -3+ facilities, laboratory space and instrumentation to support the breadth of services required by our clients.
Dedicated labs are used for all specialized tasks (e.g., assay development/qualification, analytical support, sample receipt/storage).
Decontamination; personnel protective equipment testing assay development; development and testing of pathogen collection devices; pathogen detection device testing (molecular and immunological), forensic analysis of air, soil, water samples; and lyophilization of pathogens, among numerous other capabilities.
Work with us
MRIGlobal looks forward to contributing our expertise where it matters most.
Use our Project Quote Tool to see if MRIGlobal can help advance your next project.