MRIGlobal experts will present two talks as part of panel discussions and four posters at the 1st Global Health Security 2019 conference (www.ghs2019.com) June 18-20 at International Conference Centre, Sydney, Australia.
The presentations include:
• Jean Ndjomou, Ph.D., will discuss experience from mobile diagnostic laboratory as a panelist in a session entitled:
Building Public Health Capacity in Guinea Through Global Health Security Partnerships Outbreak Response and Recovery in 2015-2018.
Panel includes: Erin Sorrell (moderator, Georgetown University), Claire Standley (Georgetown University), Pia MacDonald (RTI), Jean Ndjomou (MRIGlobal), Amadou Traore (CDC).
• Gene Olinger, Ph.D., will present a talk as part of a panel entitled:
Public Partnership to Develop Ebola Antibody Treatment.
• Kenny Yeh will present a talk as part of a panel entitled:
Case History in Cooperative Biological Research: Compendium of Studies in Kazakhstan.
Jane Alam and Kenny Yeh will present four posters on behalf of MRIGlobal and partners:
• Capacity Building Efforts in Senegal: Value of Unifying Human and Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory Personnel
Jane Alam, Nadia Wauquier, Scott Shearrer, Carmen Asbun, Lolly Gardiner, Brendan Karlstrand, Mar Mar, Lance Presser, Sharon Altmann (MRIGlobal)
• Achieving a Foundational Culture of Quality & Safety at National-level Laboratories in Senegal, Guinea and Liberia
Jane Alam, Carmen Asbun, Lolly Gardiner, Brendan Karlstrand, Mar Mar, Jean Ndjomou, Lance Presser, Nadia Wauquier, Scott Shearrer, Sharon Altmann (MRIGlobal)
• Engaging Latin American Countries under the Biological Threat Reduction and Related Global Health Security Programs
Kenny Yeh, Brooke Borgert (University of Florida), Gene Olinger, Falgunee Parekh (EpiPointe), and Jeanne Fair (LANL)
• Biosecurity Readiness for a Non-proliferation Mission: Meeting Threat Reduction Resource Needs
Kenny Yeh, Gene Olinger, Chris Royse (MRIGlobal)
MRIGlobal will participate in additional events including the Military Health Security Summit June 16-17 cohosted by the Australian Defence Force and US Indo-PACOM at the University of Sydney and GHS 2019 side meetings with Global Health Security Agenda activities. Kenny Yeh will moderate the health security and civil society panel at GHS 2019.