Applied Scientific and Engineering Research
Our mission is your success.
MRIGlobal in 90 Seconds
Enhancements Completed On U.S. Army’s State-of-the-Art Chemical Defense Training Facility (CDTF) at Fort Leonard Wood
CDTF to enhance personnel training that is central to the U.S. Department of Defense effort…
Chancellor of New Mexico State University/Director Emeritus of National Renewable Energy Laboratory Joins MRIGlobal Board of Directors
The MRIGlobal Board of Directors has elected Dan Arvizu, Ph.D., to join the Board of…
FIRST Robotics Team From Paseo Academy of Fine and Performing Arts ‘Blasts Off’ In Greater Kansas City Regional Competition
The FIRST Robotics season is in full swing for MRIGlobal’s Team 1763 from Paseo Academy…
Celebrate MRIGlobal - 75th Anniversary Luncheon
Sheraton Hotel Crown Center
2345 McGee Street
Kansas City, MO
11:00 a.m. VIP Reception
12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Lunch and Program
MRIGlobal will host a luncheon featuring Bill Nye The Science Guy celebrating those who have supported our science over the past 75 years. Join us for an engaging gathering of science enthusiasts, partners, clients, peers, and community.
MRIGlobal provides personalized service that larger contract research organizations can't offer. We listen to our clients' precise needs so that we can tailor our work to deliver the optimal outcome to each client.
Containerized Bio-Containment Unit (CBCS)
In collaboration with the U.S. Department of State and the Paul G. Allen Ebola Program, MRIGlobal custom designed and fabricated a first-of-its-kind flyable medical transport unit with full bio-containment. The unit features a treatment area, an anteroom for the safe don and doff of personal protective equipment, and a rest area for caregivers. It is flyable in both private and military aircraft.
MRIGlobal works across both disciplinary and institutional boundaries in its pursuit to help clients solve their scientific and engineering challenges. We collaborate with government, industry, and community partners in a wide array of cross-disciplinary initiatives.
Unique Facilities and Offerings
Biological Containment Facilities
- More than 64,000 ft2 of BSL-2, -3, and a BSL-2 bioaerosol chamber, including three BSL-3 labs contiguous with ABSL-3.
- Instrument development, testing, and evaluation; decontaminant technology development, testing, and evaluation; fate and transport studies; and other threat agent science projects.
Chemical Agent Facility
- The CA Facility has 1,800 ft2 of laboratory space including two laboratories (one 20×30 ft and one 10×20 ft) and two other laboratories 20×20 ft and 10x20ft).
- Capable of handling neat CA, nontraditional agents (NTAs) and dilute RDTE; analyzing sample matrices for CA and degradation products; toxicology; developing, testing, and evaluating individual/collective protection equipment; conducting fate/transport and other threat agent science projects.
High-Hazard Containment Laboratory
- A physically isolated facility (2,400 ft2) which includes a barrier area (1,400 ft2) where toxic materials are handled.
- TICs, TIMs, and bulk materials; toxicology support; handling of liquid, solid, or mixed phase chemicals up to drum-sized quantities.
Chemical Vapor Chambers
- Multiple chambers for different chemical concentration airstreams
- Instrument development, testing, and evaluation; individual protection and collective protection equipment development, testing, and evaluation.
- Includes airtight chamber 10x15x8 ft tall featuring HEPA and carbon filters on inlet and outlet air.
- Instrument development, testing, and evaluation; individual protection and collective protection equipment development, testing and evaluation.