Applied Scientific and Engineering Research
Our mission is your success.
MRIGlobal in 90 Seconds
Dean Gray, Ph.D., Director of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance at MRIGlobal, has been selected for…
MRIGlobal Vice President and General Counsel among Missouri Lawyers Media 2019 In-House Counsel Award Honorees
October 9, 2019 - MRIGlobal is pleased to announce that Reachel Beichley, J.D., has been…
North Kansas City Repository Celebrates 1,500th shipment for National Cancer Institute’s Division of Cancer Prevention
The crew at the Roger Harris Repository in North Kansas City, along with Principal Investigator…
MRIGlobal provides personalized service that larger contract research organizations can't offer. We listen to our clients' precise needs so that we can tailor our work to deliver the optimal outcome to each client.
Featured Product - Mercury Lab
As the need for getting rapid testing and results at the point-of-need grows, MRIGlobal has developed a product to address this problem. This product is a purpose-built platform that provides all the necessary operational equipment in a human-centered laboratory-workbench design such that rapid, reproducible deployment of advanced genomic technologies to field-forward locations is available.
Mercury Lab is designed to reduce the time and risk in field-forward advanced molecular diagnostics, biosurveillance, and forensic testing. It integrates hand-held molecular biology hardware with a power supply, cold-chain storage, computational capacity, a stable workbench, biohazard waste disposal strategies, and other features at the point of need. Mercury Lab lets you process samples on-site, alleviating bottlenecks and dramatically reducing the time to acquire an actionable result. Learn more about our development process here.
Containerized Bio-Containment Unit (CBCS)
In collaboration with the U.S. Department of State and the Paul G. Allen Ebola Program, MRIGlobal custom designed and fabricated a first-of-its-kind flyable medical transport unit with full bio-containment. The unit features a treatment area, an anteroom for the safe don and doff of personal protective equipment, and a rest area for caregivers. It is flyable in both private and military aircraft.
MRIGlobal works across both disciplinary and institutional boundaries in its pursuit to help clients solve their scientific and engineering challenges. We collaborate with government, industry, and community partners in a wide array of cross-disciplinary initiatives.
Unique Facilities and Offerings
Biological Containment Facilities
- More than 64,000 ft2 of BSL-2, -3, and a BSL-2 bioaerosol chamber, including three BSL-3 labs contiguous with ABSL-3.
- Instrument development, testing, and evaluation; decontaminant technology development, testing, and evaluation; fate and transport studies; and other threat agent science projects.
Chemical Agent Facility
- The CA Facility has 1,800 ft2 of laboratory space including two laboratories (one 20×30 ft and one 10×20 ft) and two other laboratories 20×20 ft and 10x20ft).
- Capable of handling neat CA, nontraditional agents (NTAs) and dilute RDTE; analyzing sample matrices for CA and degradation products; toxicology; developing, testing, and evaluating individual/collective protection equipment; conducting fate/transport and other threat agent science projects.
High-Hazard Containment Laboratory
- A physically isolated facility (2,400 ft2) which includes a barrier area (1,400 ft2) where toxic materials are handled.
- TICs, TIMs, and bulk materials; toxicology support; handling of liquid, solid, or mixed phase chemicals up to drum-sized quantities.
Chemical Vapor Chambers
- Multiple chambers for different chemical concentration airstreams
- Instrument development, testing, and evaluation; individual protection and collective protection equipment development, testing, and evaluation.
- Includes airtight chamber 10x15x8 ft tall featuring HEPA and carbon filters on inlet and outlet air.
- Instrument development, testing, and evaluation; individual protection and collective protection equipment development, testing and evaluation.