Mercury Lab – A new generation of mobile lab capabilities
MRIGlobal is excited to announce the introduction of Mercury Lab, a single-person portable laboratory workbench designed for point-of-need operations. With this product launch, MRIGlobal ushers in a new generation of field-forward laboratory capabilities. Samples for advanced molecular diagnostics, biosurveillance, and forensic testing can now be processed on site without the need for a pallet full of equipment. This logistical streamlining dramatically reduces the time to acquire an actionable result, and safeguards the quality of the sample by eliminating the need for extended transport.
Mercury Lab is a single, lockable, grab-and-go case that can be wheeled through an airport and checked as luggage, thrown in the back of a pickup truck, or even strapped to the back of a motorbike. It can be set up on site in a few minutes, and be packed up just as quickly. It includes power management architecture, cold-chain storage, computational capacity, a stable workbench, biohazard waste disposal strategies and more. Mercury Lab brings a fully operational laboratory to the sample.
Mercury Lab has the following features:
- An ergonomic, stowable, sterilize-able laboratory workbench with spill-control features and an LED overhead work light
- Shelf storage for pipettes and laboratory workflow consumables (e.g., pipette tips, ambient reagents, etc.), configured for easy-access while working at the laboratory bench, contained in a removable backpack
- Integrated computational hardware: Intel NUC8v5PNK w/ 64 GB DDR4 RAM and 2 TB PCI.e M.2 SSD, linked to a Nvidia Quadro P4000 GPU card with 1,792 CUDA cores. Configurable with choice of OS (i.e., Linux or Windows) and comes standard with MRIGlobal’s PanGIA real-time metagenomics taxonomy classification software pre-installed.
- Computer is controlled via wireless bluetooth keyboard/mouse and 15.6” HD display monitor mounted above the workbench
- Custom integrated cooling to prevent computational-induced overheating
- Optional LTE Mobile Broadband modem (user-supported service contract)
- Integrated pure-sine-wave AC/DC inverter and hash filtering to allow for safe, effective operation directly from 12V lead-acid car battery (either standalone, or from a running vehicle), or grid-based power when available. Connected to a DPST system shut-down switch. An integrated battery-power monitor advises on available charge.
- Two (2) U.S. standard 120V power outlets (or optional 230V E.U. configuration) and two (2) USB 3.0 outlets (power only, in addition to data outlets from NUC)
- A bracket to house and secure an additional user-selected storage option – choose from; 4 L CREDO cold-chain cube (4*C or -20*C – up to 96 hours of stable, un-powered cold storage), or additional soft-sided, adjustable shelving unit
- An included, wrap-around windscreen to moderately shield exposed workbench sides from wind and other elements
- Oversized 4” wheels for travel over bumpy city sidewalks and field terrain
Our newly revealed Mercury Lab is now available for preorder.*
For a limited time, Mercury Lab will be available for a promotional introductory price. Supply is limited so pre-order today.
TO GET A QUOTE or to preorder, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM
*Units are expected to be available Summer 2020