The U.S. Department of State, with private funding from The Paul G. Allen Ebola Program, contacted MRIGlobal for help as the Ebola outbreak devastated West Africa and threatened global health. MRIGlobal’s mission: Create a reliable, flyable medical transport unit to evacuate patients to clinical centers for life-saving treatment all while maintaining full biocontainment. In just 191 days, MRIGlobal custom designed and fabricated two Containerized Bio-Containment System (CBCS) units.
The CBCS is a first-of-its-kind, flyable medical transport unit with full biocontainment. It is designed for high containment of not just Ebola, but all types of highly pathogenic organisms. The units feature three rooms: a patient treatment area for four patients and four caregivers; an ante room to safely don and doff personal protective equipment; and a rest area for two caregivers. Pilots can cargo the CBCS in both private and military aircraft, confident that the biocontainment is safe and effective. CBCS units can be moved by truck, too, ready for use.
The CBCS is designed to survive crash loads and rapid decompression per DOD Safe-to-Fly standards, and the entire system can be rapidly de-contaminated and put right back into service. Extensive domestic and international training exercises have proven that the CBCS can handle the ever evolving global threat of a disease outbreak. Today, medical staff can volunteer to help in the field, knowing that safe evacuation is possible. The world is now better prepared for global health threats and disasters.
- Transport up to 4 patients and 4 medical staff
- 3-room pressure cascade with filtered supply and exhaust air: Patient Room (hot zone), Anteroom (warm zone), and Staff Room (cold zone)
- Sealed bio-containment doors
- Sealed epoxy-coated walls compatible with typical decontamination solutions
- Designed to survive crash loads and rapid decompression per DoD Safe-to-Fly standards
- Designed for bio-containment and decontamination
- Seats, litters, and shelving are track-mounted for rapid mission reconfiguration or replacement
- Sound damping insulation
- Toilets with removable privacy curtains
- Removable storage
- 16 hours of medical oxygen for 4 patients
- Emergency oxygen for medical staff
- LED lighting with emergency backup
- CCTV and intercom
- Room pressure monitoring with configurable audio/visual alarms
- 2-hour battery backup for containment systems 18 115VAC internal electrical outlets
To Get a Quote, Please Fill Out the form below