COVID-19 Capabilities at MRIGlobal
Capabilities for Addressing Global Outbreaks
Capabilities and experience addressing global outbreaks
When world health is at risk, experience matters.
MRIGlobal has a long history of operation, maintenance, and sustainment of biological safety laboratories, including our operational pathogen detection and diagnostic surveillance programs, and associated research, development, testing & evaluation programs.
MRIGlobal is an industry leader in Global Health Security, National Security Defense, and Energy with decades of experience leading and executing related US Government programs globally, managing more than $1.1B of client services, including commercial work for clinical diagnostics. Our facilities include:
- 12,000 sq. ft. of BSL-2 laboratory space with 1,500 sq. ft. of CAP-accredited clinical laboratories, and 1,800 sq. ft. of BSL-3 laboratory space
- NGS laboratories that now include 7 Illumina MiSeqs (including one MiSeqDx) and one iSeq
- Operational pathogen detection and diagnostic surveillance programs, and associated research, development, testing & evaluation (RDT&E) programs
- Quality management system (QMS) that is certified (ISO-9001:2008) and has a successful audit history with the FDA, CAP, ISO, CDC, and USDA
MRIGlobal has decades of experience working hand-in-hand with government agencies and commercial clients.
- US Department of Defense (DOD)
- US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- HHS’s Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) to develop, validate, and submit for 510(k) clearance, a rapid blood test for anthrax infection that will be transferred to and used by public health laboratories
- Consortium for Microbial Forensics and Genomics, funded by DHS to prepare high quality genome sequences of bacterial, viral, and fungal select agents
- DOD Microbial Forensic Initiative Laboratory (MFIL) and Defense Threat Reduction Agency’s Sample-to-Sequence (S2S) programs
MRIGlobal Capabilities for Testing Clinical and Dangerous Pathogens:
Virology, Bacteriology Stock Production and Testing
- Viral stocks and propagation
- High Path Influenza, RSV etc.
- Tissue Culture
- TCID50, Plaque Assays, HAI, Flow Cytometry, ELISA
In vitro Diagnostics and Clinical Support Assays
- GLP, ISO9001, CAP/CLIA Laboratory, QMS and Regulatory Support
- Exclusivity/Inclusivity, Verification & Validation Studies, Pre-Subs at BSL-2&3 Laboratory Levels
Molecular and Immuno- and Cell-based Assay Development
- Multiple qPCR/RTPCR and Molecular platforms
- Lateral Flow Assays and Technology Support
NGS and Bioinformatics
- Multiple Illumina platforms, Bioinformatics, Databases
In vivo Testing Experience
- Rodents, Ferrets, Mini-pig, Non-human primate models
- DVM on staff, IACUC, Biosafety Team
- Multiple routes of exposure
Mobile Laboratory and Containerized Bio-containment Systems
- Designing, building, deploying, and staffing mobile diagnostic and testing laboratories
- Clinical patient containment air-transport modules
Biosafety and Biosecurity Preparedness
- Emergency and pandemic response plans and assessments
- Facility risk assessments
- Threat assessment decision matrices
- Biosafety training
- On-call consultation
- Annual reviews of infectious disease programs
Featured Program | COVID-19
Predicting COVID-19 for 2021
Dr. Gene Olinger, Ph.D., is an MRIGlobal virologist who is internationally recognized as a subject matter expert in virology, immunology, biorisk, biosecurity, and biosafety with an emphasis with viral hemorrhagic fevers. Learn about his predictions concerning COVID-19 therapeutics, vaccines, and treatments for the upcoming year.
Gene Olinger, Ph.D.
For 20+ years, Gene has provided multidisciplinary expertise across immunology, infectious disease, host-pathogen interactions, vaccine technology platforms, and virology. He has extensive experience in development of medical countermeasures ranging from prophylactic treatments, vaccines, diagnostics, and therapeutics. Gene’s team in collaboration with international partners developed the first successful antibody treatment for Ebola virus disease, ZMapp.
Work With Us
Your challenges inspire our scientists.
MRIGlobal is a world leader in technology and science. MRIGlobal has a vast history of working with government agencies, commercial businesses, and academic institutions every year to help further unbiased research and innovative development.