MRIGlobal Names Nine New Trustees
New Trustees Represent Leadership in Government, Academia, Business
(Kansas City, MO) July 30, 2012 – MRIGlobal announced today the addition of nine new members to its Board of Trustees.
The new MRIGlobal Trustees are:
- Alan L. Atterbury, Chief Executive Officer, Midland Properties Inc.;
- Neeli Bendapudi, Ph.D., Dean and H.D. Price Professor of Business, University of Kansas School of Business;
- J. Grant Burcham, President and Chief Executive Officer, Missouri Bank and Trust Co.;
- Peter James deSilva, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, UMB Bank, n.a.;
- Debra Ellies, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer and Founder, OsteoGeneX;
- Esther George, President, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City;
- Amy McAnarney, President, Retail Client Service, H&R Block;
- Don Nissanka, President and Chief Executive Officer, Exergonix Inc.;
- Vincent “Ace” Wagner, Principal, Ace Wagner Coaching & Consulting.
“I am proud to welcome nine new members to the MRIGlobal Board of Trustees,” said Michael Helmstetter, Ph.D., MRIGlobal’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “MRIGlobal’s Board of Trustees are highly esteemed leaders. They are active and involved, supporting us as we serve our clients by solving some of the world’s most challenging problems with science and engineering.”
MRIGlobal Trustees are elected by the MRIGlobal Board of Directors for a term of three years.
MRIGlobal, a not-for-profit research and development organization, delivers global solutions in national security and defense, energy and environment, life and animal sciences, agriculture and food safety, and transportation. The organization performs scientific research, advanced engineering and program integration and management for clients in government, industry and academia. Established in 1944 as Midwest Research Institute, MRIGlobal is based in Kansas City, Mo., operates in nine states and Washington, D.C., and manages more than 3,300 employees.
MRIGlobal is one of two partners in the Alliance for Sustainable Energy LLC, which manages and operates the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) in Golden, Colo., for the U.S. Department of Energy.
For more information, visit www.mriglobal.org.