Changes Are Coming!
When the changes to regulations for microbiological and toxins management are finalized, your operations will likely be affected.
New legislation will soon emerge that will significantly change the regulatory requirements for possession, use, and transfer of biological select agents and toxins (BSAT). The MRIGlobal Center for Biological Safety and Security (CBS2) has contributed comments to the U.S. Government regarding the final form of the regulatory changes.
Center for Biological Safety and Security Delivers Expertise
MRIGlobal’s Center for Biological Safety and Security (CBS2) is one of the largest and most experienced consulting groups providing contract support services, nationally and internationally, related to bio-containment facilities, biological safety, and biological facility security.
In an industry-unique approach, the CBS2 team uses proprietary methods to integrate biological safety and biological security in developing solutions that enhance laboratory efficiency and productivity and result in the best-value approach for the client.
From design to operations, the CBS2 helps clients reduce laboratory life-cycle facility costs, ensure regulatory compliance and maintain a safe and secure laboratory—without compromising organizational goals and objectives.
- The nation’s largest collection of credentialed Biosafety Professionals (RBP and/or CBSP) including internationally renowned biosafety and biosecurity specialists with certifications in Biological Safety, Security, Public Health and Industrial Hygiene, as well as M.D., Ph.D., and D.V.M. degrees.
- Expertise in operations and management of more than 238,500 square feet of laboratory space.
- Didactic & Skills-based expertise covering Biosafety Level 2, 3, and 4 labs, as well as ABSL-2 and 3, and BSL-3Ag labs.
- Services in regulatory compliance, surveillance and incident response, laboratory design, select agent programs, training of lab staff, field operations, security program operations, vaccine development, and additional biosafety and biosecurity services.
MRIGlobal’s CBS2 Successes
- Containment lab design: Assisted in the design of many of the most notable BSL-3 and BSL-4 containment laboratories worldwide.
- Site assessment and risk/threat analyses: Conducted more than 50 international site assessments and risk/threat analyses of biological facilities and containment laboratories as well as the development of appropriate administrative controls and sustainment programs.
- Training: Developed and implemented extensive biological safety and security training for laboratory staff, laboratory construction firms, government, academic research facilities and pharmaceutical companies worldwide.
Click here for chart of CBS2 consulting expertise areas.