Introducing Mercury Lab
Are you seeking rapid, reproducible deployments of advanced genomic technologies to field-forward locations? It is now feasible with MRIGlobal’s Mercury Lab!
Mercury Lab is the first truly mobile, single-person portable laboratory for molecular biosurveillance. Our purpose-driven platform has all the equipment you need for a deployable, human-centered laboratory workbench.
Mercury Lab is designed to reduce the time and risk in field-forward advanced molecular diagnostics, biosurveillance, and forensic testing. It integrates hand-held molecular biology hardware with a power supply, cold-chain storage, computational capacity, a stable workbench, biohazard waste disposal strategies, and other features at the point of need. Mercury Lab lets you process samples on-site, alleviating bottlenecks and dramatically reducing the time to acquire an actionable result.
We constructed Mercury Lab in a single, lockable, grab-and-go case to be wheeled through an airport and checked as luggage, put in the back of a pickup truck, or even strapped to the back of a motorbike. It is set up on site in a few minutes, and packed up just as quickly. In short, Mercury Lab brings the lab to the sample. Named for the Roman messenger god, Mercury Lab will bring the message of genomic data to any place at any time.
Mercury Lab includes the following features:
- An integrated inverter to run 120V appliances and computers from 12V lead-acid car battery power
- Up to 72 hours of 4°C and -20°C cold storage for samples and reagents
- A removable shelving unit that contains a pipette rack with space for 4 pipettes and adjustable cubbies for pipette tip boxes, gloves, spare tubes, tube racks, ambient-temperature reagents, mini-centrifuge, and preferred hand-held molecular biology and/or chemical detection devices. The shelving unit detaches from the larger case into a zipper-secured backpack for deploying hand-held diagnostic/detection devices even further afield
- 32GB RAM / 2TB SSD, Bluetooth-enabled and LTE-connected computational workstation (Intel NUC Skull Canyon – NUC6i7kyk) with integrated screen and Bluetooth keyboard/mouse/trackpad. The NUC can be pre-configured with any preferred Linux or Windows operating system and suite of bioinformatics or other analytical software
- A sturdy, stowable, sterilizable laboratory workbench with integrated windshield and foldable keyboard tray, providing nearly 6 square feet of workspace
- Integrated solutions for biosafety and biohazard waste disposal
Interested in a quote?
Please tell us more about your project needs
* These fields are required.