MRIGlobal Applies Vast Bioanalytical Expertise to Innovative Vaccine Development and Testing
MRIGlobal offers world-class expertise and experience in bioanalytical model development, testing, and validation—a complete array of services for the development and licensing of new vaccines.
MRIGlobal’s work in the development and testing of human and veterinary vaccine candidates encompasses safety, toxicity, potency, efficacy, and vaccine formulation stability.
- State-of-the-art facilities, certified at aBiosafety Level 2 (aBSL-2) and Level 3 (aBSL-3)
- Registration with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for transferring and receiving select agents, including those listed in the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases’ Category A-C
- Testing and validation of human and animal vaccines, including analysis of various routes of agent and vaccine exposure: intramuscular, intravenous, subcutaneous, oral, and bioaerosol
- Adherence to Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) regulations
- Expertise in drug registrations and commercialization practices
MRIGlobal’s Vaccine Development and Testing Successes:
- Rapid response to public health issues: Support for the development of the H1N1 vaccine, and isolation and evaluation of highly pathogenic avian influenza virus and West Nile Virus.
- Advanced vaccine development: MRIGlobal works with the Program for Appropriate Technology in Health, a global nonprofit health organization. MRIGlobal develops candidate influenza vaccines and supports preclinical testing for international vaccine programs.
- Plant-based vaccines: MRIGlobal is at the forefront of government-sponsored research to modify plants, such as fast-growing tobacco, to produce vaccines. The research holds promise for large-scale vaccine manufacture.