MRIGlobal Applies Expertise to Developing Test Chambers
MRIGlobal offers expertise in the design, construction, and testing of test chambers for precise and specific measurements, whether for tests of vapors, liquids, or solids.
MRIGlobal’s test chambers can be developed to handle specific air- or water-flow volumes, temperature ranges, humidity, and particle concentrations.
- Design, fabrication, and testing to client-specified environmentally controlled specifications
- Chamber design and construction for repeatability, control and efficiency in research
- Use of diffusion cells for generation of a range of chemical concentrations in vapors
- Variable flow once-through or recirculating system for up to 1,500 liters per minute
- Selectable temperature (2 degrees to 45 degrees Celsius) and humidity ranges (10 to 90 percent relative humidity)
- Negative pressure to prevent escape of toxic materials injected into the system
MRIGlobal’s Test Chamber Design, Construction, and Testing Successes:
- High-flow chambers: MRIGlobal has developed test chambers with average flows of up to 1,000 liters per minute.
- Instrument testing: MRIGlobal developed a unique chamber, which provides stable recirculating dust concentrations for the testing of instruments to sample or measure particulates.
- Dust tunnel operations: MRIGlobal operates dust tunnels for research for military, government, and industrial clients studying issues including brownout conditions, particle resuspension and dispersion.
- Bioaerosol test chamber: MRIGlobal operates a state-of-the-art Biosafety Level 2 (BSL-2) aerosol test chamber, used for real-time bioaerosol studies, including evaluation of samplers and detectors, air filtration devices, medical devices, and physical and chemical characterization of bioaerosol particles.
- Design and development: MRIGlobal has designed and developed test facilities, including a test chamber for a national laboratory.