MRIGlobal Expertise Advances Services in Plant Metabolite Profiling
MRIGlobal offers comprehensive services in the growing area of plant metabolite profiling, biomarker discovery, and plant metabolomics. This field studies the chemicals in a plant that have low molecular weights, the end-products of cellular functions, to understand behaviors in normal and genetically modified plants.
From cultivation and sample acquisition to sample preparation, analysis, and data processing, MRIGlobal’s specialized facilities, instrumentation, high-performance robotics, and expert staff offer customized solutions to clients working in this diverse research area.
- Cultivation and sample acquisition, including agricultural and horticultural sample, algae and energy crops, medicinal crops, controlled substances, select agents and toxins
- Seed research, crop productivity analysis, and climate studies
- Sample preparation, including robotic handling of samples, pressure-cycling extraction, solvent and supercritical fluid extraction
- Sample analysis, including direct analysis by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight (MALDI-TOF) mass spectrometry (MS), tandem MS and two-dimensional gas chromatography TOF, inductively coupled plasma, and nuclear magnetic resonance
- Staff expertise in toxicology, biodefense, bioenergy, immunology, genetics, virology, molecular biology, entomology, applied engineering, and statistics
- Data analysis and classification, data mining and visualization, multivariate analyses, predictive modeling, and principal component analysis
- Laboratories operated in strict accordance with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), and current GMP regulations
MRIGlobal’s Plant Metabolite Profiling Successes:
- Applications of plant metabolite profiling: MRIGlobal has delivered wide-ranging applications, including studies of metabolic biomarkers of stress, developmental stage analysis, gene function determination, and effectiveness of metabolic engineering.
- Genetically modified organisms: MRIGlobal has conducted monitoring of genetically modified organisms and food safety assessment and analyses.
- Environmental and genetic variability: MRIGlobal’s expertise has delivered research that advances understanding of environmental effects on plant chemistry and physiology, as well as impacts of genetic variability.
- Diverse analytics: MRIGlobal’s comprehensive services include analysis of peptides, proteins and biopolymers; lipid chemistry and lipid profiling; mineral and trace nutrient analysis; and characterization of phytochemicals and bioactive compounds.