With Materials Application Expertise, MRIGlobal Innovates Techniques to Enhance Seeds and Food Products
MRIGlobal has developed a broad expertise in materials application techniques, including microencapsulation, seed treatment and coating, formulation, de-formulation, and production of surrogate materials for product enhancement.
These complex processes are used to enhance application of seeds, pesticides, botanical extracts, and biological materials. MRIGlobal’s extensive chemical analysis also supports product development and improvement.
- Microparticle production using proprietary and off-the-shelf instrumentation
- Microencapsulation of gases, liquids, or solids
- Seed treatment, coating, priming, production, pelletizing, and testing, including testing of genetically modified organisms
- Characterization of complex chemical compositions
- Extensive laboratories and analytical instrumentation for performing analyses, including spectroscopy, mass spectrometry, chromatography, wet chemical analysis, thermogravimetry, strength and hardness testing, particle size reduction and measurement and numerous other physicochemical methods
MRIGlobal’s Materials Application Successes:
- Microencapsulation: MRIGlobal’s microparticle (120 to 540 micrometers) production has led to improvements in the shelf life, stability, odor and taste, and controlled release in numerous products. MRIGlobal has supported microencapsulation for pesticides, biocides and fumigants, essential oils, botanical extracts, and biological materials.
- Seed treatment: MRIGlobal has performed both small- and large-scale seed treatments and coating applications, using high-tech batch-coating systems to produce improved stability, germination, and yield; microbial inocula; controlled size or weight gain; timed release; color coatings; and specialty coatings and formulations.
- Formulation and surrogate production: MRIGlobal has expertise in analyzing negative or positive adulteration (adding or removing key ingredients) to mimic or enhance specific product characteristics, such as look, feel, smell, and taste. MRIGlobal’s analysis also enables source identification of materials and tracking of products.
- De-formulation: MRIGlobal has extensive experience in characterization of complex chemical compositions and has applied its expertise to chemical toxicology, dosage formulation, and biological samples. MRIGlobal has determined constituents of non-patented formulations for potential enhancement—for example, pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, dietary supplements, household products, animal feed, pesticides, and commercial chemicals.