MRIGlobal Services Protect Safety of Water and Food Products
MRIGlobal leverages diverse scientific expertise to address challenges in protecting water and food products from chemical and biological contamination.
MRIGlobal’s approach combines the expertise of our chemists, microbiologists, virologists, and engineers with cutting-edge chemical, molecular, and immunological analytics. MRIGlobal also operates specialized chemical and biological containment facilities.
- Biosafety Level 2 (BSL-2), aBSL-2, and BSL-3 laboratories; restricted-access research facilities certified for propagation of regulated plant materials and select agent handling
- Off-site field station for crop growth, pesticide treatment, and toxin treatment analysis
- Advanced instrumentation including high performance liquid chromatography and ultra performance liquid chromatography, liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry (MS), gas chromatography (GC), and inductively coupled plasma/MS
- Methods to isolate, detect, and assess pathogens, contaminants, and chemicals in food
- Risk mitigation in food production processes, analysis of potential routes of contamination
MRIGlobal’s Food and Product Safety Service Successes:
- Analytical Chemistry Methods: MRIGlobal scientists have specialized in the development, characterization, and evaluation of methods of contaminant detection in food. MRIGlobal has developed in-house analytical methods, and supports analytical chemistry transferred from a previously validated U.S. Department of Agriculture method or client-provided methods.
- Agroterrorism and biotoxin analysis: MRIGlobal leads in emerging research in protections of food crops and methods of preventing food contamination, as well as providing support for investigations and tracking of international or natural contamination events.
- Toxicology: MRIGlobal delivers comprehensive toxicology testing to evaluate veterinary drug safety.