MRIGlobal Offers Comprehensive Services in Applied Plant Sciences
MRIGlobal offers extensive services in applied plant sciences—covering controlled cultivation studies with high-value crops, field research trials with bioenergy and conventional crops, and customized solutions to plant science challenges.
MRIGlobal integrates plant science, engineering, microbiology, and chemistry to address complex societal challenges with industry, academic, and government partners.
- Controlled growth environments: greenhouses, high tunnel structures, walk-in phytotrons, growth chambers, underground cultivation facilities, large-scale farms for field research
- Controlled-access acreage
- Plant breeding and genetics
- Agricultural carbon sequestration
- Bioenergy crop production, thermochemical and biochemical conversion, bioprocessing and fermentation, bio-oil extraction
- Biomass supply logistics
- Algal systems for biofuels and carbon mitigation
- Process engineering
MRIGlobal’s Applied Plant Sciences Successes:
- Controlled cultivation studies: MRIGlobal has specialized in plant research trials in precisely controlled growth environments to evaluate tropical and subtropical plant species year-round, and to assess plant responses to a broad range of environmental conditions and stress factors.
- Agricultural productivity: MRIGlobal research has supported the development and implementation of improved agricultural practices.
- Bioenergy crop production: MRIGlobal is a leader in the emerging field of advanced bioenergy systems, with expertise in biomass composition analysis, optimizing biomass production and conversion.
- Environmental Sustainability: MRIGlobal scientists are advancing techniques that address the conservation of water, soil and land; carbon management; and nutrient recycling.