Statistical Analysis Expertise Supports MRIGlobal Research Programs
MRIGlobal’s statisticians and data analysts provide statistical and computational expertise in support of MRIGlobal research programs in such diverse fields as toxicology, microbiology, virology, pharmaceutical product development, traffic and safety engineering, environmental engineering, national security and defense, analytical chemistry, and environmental assessment.
MRIGlobal statisticians combine expert training with advanced statistical software packages and programming skills. They assist in the design of experiments by translating research objectives into testable hypotheses and selecting appropriate designs, sample sizes, and analysis methods to ensure the studies answer the objectives. The team provides data quality and presentation eloquence through methodic data preprocessing, efficient summarization, and high-quality visualization. Appropriate statistical analysis methods are employed to analyze the data in support of the research objectives.
- Experimental design
- Data analysis
- Statistical modeling
- Survey sample design and estimation
- Multivariate analysis
- Supervised and unsupervised data mining
- Database management
- General statistical consulting
- Laboratory and Field Method Evaluation: MRIGlobal continually adapts statistical methods for assessment of robustness of methods, accuracy and precision, limits of detection, and effects of interferences for laboratory and field methods.
- Sensor Analysis: MRIGlobal develops experimental designs and conducts statistical assessment for reliability and equivalence testing of chemical and biological sensors, including analysis of rates of false positives and negatives, and mean time to failure.
- Statistical Analysis for Toxicology and Virology Studies: MRIGlobal statisticians assist in the evaluation and design of safety, virulence, and efficacy studies using modern methods of analysis including probit analysis and survival analysis.
- Highway Safety/Crash Analysis: MRIGlobal statisticians have been an integral part of MRIGlobal’s Transportation Research Center for more than 40 years conducting before-after evaluations of safety measures, developing crash prediction models, utilizing speed profiles for design and countermeasure evaluation, and creating analytical tools for the Federal Highway Administration, the National Cooperative Highway Research Program, and state highway agencies.
- Multivariate Data Analysis: MRIGlobal has significant expertise in handling large datasets from metabolite profiling and biomarker identification, including custom database programming, data mining and visualization, and pattern recognition.
- Data Management: MRIGlobal excels in the compilation and coordination of large relational databases with tools for quality assessment, database querying, and information visualization.