MRIGlobal Supports Standards for Highway Engineering, Operations
MRIGlobal, with its breadth and depth of transportation engineering and safety expertise, has helped highway agencies prepare policies, manuals, and guides related to highway engineering and operations.
MRIGlobal’s research, spanning more than 40 years, has led to improved highway design, operations and safety throughout the United States. MRIGlobal continues to evaluate transportation safety and efficiency improvements and formulate policies that can be effectively implemented by highway agencies.
- Highway design expertise
- Construction and worker safety
- Before and after assessment of highway alterations
- Risk assessment
- Data analytics
- Computer simulation and modeling
- Software and application development
- Development of training and educational materials
MRIGlobal’s Highway Policy, Manual, & Guide Successes:
- Green Book: MRIGlobal performed technical updating of the 2001 American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) Policy on Geometric Design of Highways, commonly known as the Green Book. MRIGlobal is providing similar services for the 2010 edition.
- Highway Capacity Manual: MRIGlobal developed several chapters of the Highway Capacity Manual for the Transportation Research Board (TRB). The Highway Capacity Manual is noted as a worldwide reference for traffic operations engineers.
- Low-Volume Roads: MRIGlobal developed the AASHTO Guidelines for Geometric Design of Very Low-Volume Local Roads (with average daily traffic less than 400 vehicles).
- Pedestrian Facilities: MRIGlobal revised and performed the technical editing for AASHTO’s Guide for Planning, Design, and Operation of Pedestrian Facilities.
- Highway Safety Manual: MRIGlobal prepared chapters on rural two-lane highways and urban and suburban arterials for the AASHTO Highway Safety Manual.