MRIGlobal Contributes to Safe Transportation of Hazardous Materials
MRIGlobal has worked extensively in hazardous materials transportation safety, including estimating truck accident rates in evaluating alternative hazardous materials routes, and comparing the relative risks of long-distance shipping of hazardous wastes by highway and rail.
- Risk assessment and routing analyses
- Analysis of accident and incident data
- Regulatory compliance
- Policy development
- Development of safety training materials
MRIGlobal’s Hazardous Materials Transportation Safety Successes:
- Data review and analysis: MRIGlobal extensively reviewed hazardous materials transportation safety for the Federal Highway Administration.
- Manual and training materials: MRIGlobal developed a manual and training course of hazardous materials transportation safety, encompassing guidelines from the U.S. Department of Transportation, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, and state transportation and environmental agencies, for the National Renewable Energy Laboratory.